Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Letter to a musician from Venice





My dear friend Giorgio. Long time without hearing from you. I assume things are doing very well with you and your art.
My old web site will expire, will cease to exist, by the end of October. Although it did not have much music to enjoy, it had, once in a while, some interesting things to read.
So, I thought this was the demise of Manuel Lasso and went around the city looking for a durable coffin which could last, at least, a good two hundred years before the grave diggers would throw my bones to the common grounds of the cemetery, saying with the hoarse voice of an ale-lover: "What is he that builds stronger than either the mason, the shipwright, or the carpenter?" And the second grave digger throwing my skull with disgust would reply: "The gallows-maker, for that frame outlives a thousand tenants... Puh!! A whore's son must be the one who held the pen..."
But fortunately, I found a blog which hosted me and my antinuclear ideas.
Therefore I have a new blog which, against historical custom and traditional habit, has to be read from bottom to top, like when one admires a sculpture and starts by the feet of marble and elevates the eyes slowly until reaching the areola of the head. Then, at that moment, the song of angels are loudly heard together with the sounds of organs and trumpets and the voices of sopranos and counter tenors.
So my friend, I invite you to see it.

With sincere appreciation

Manuel Lasso
The blogger

No comments:

  Ode to a Nightingale BY JOHN KEATS The emotional state of Keats was very important in t...